Home >Work life balance

Work life balance

Can us mums every achieve work life balance? Maybe you feel like you’re nailing navigating between …
  • Lauren Webber

Can us mums every achieve work life balance? Maybe you feel like you’re nailing navigating between the two, or maybe you’re struggling to juggle the two completely. Share your experiences and feel supported.

• Marie Darmyn

Personally, I couldn’t achieve those, especially with an unsupportive husband (now ex-husband). I have no family in the UK (I’m French) so there’s no relative who can step in to help for a bit.

Working in corporate, it just didn’t work, nor made sense as whatever I’d earn would go into childcare which is extortionate! So I stayed home to stay with my son and got really depressed. I’ve worked all my life, and suddenly, my life came to a standstill.

Fast forward and I started my own business which is allowing me the freedom to work around my son’s school hours and build a career I love. It’s still a work in progress, but I’m getting there. To me, it was the only way I could ever make it happen.

• Cat Ford

Working from home and having a super supportive partner who works evenings/nights definitely makes it easier to achieve that balance! Sometimes it can be hard to find that ‘me time’ though

Viewing 2 reply threads